Thursday, September 16, 2010

We're live! (Well, dead, too)

"October Girls" is now up at both Smashwords and Amazon. It's really weird to have your book out there where strangers can get it. Only a few friends have read it, those who helped with editing, and Marge at Cinderella Story Press gave it the eagle eye, but it's sort of like fixing the wing on an injured bird and it's time to let it fly. Now I guess I will bug a few of my other friends to buy it. I'm uncomfortable with all that, but I keep hearing you have to do it.

I'm trying not to read too much about the industry because it sounds like it doesn't have a whole lot to do with stories, and I just want to tell stories. It's hard to even make any dreams around something you can't even hold in your hands. So I will just be happy with whatever happens and finish the next two books that I already have planned.

Book One was more of Crystal's book but Bone will be front and center in Book Two. I don't really know her as well yet. But it's not really her fault. She died young, you see.

*v*

No comments:

Post a Comment